Tuesday, April 14, 2015

St. Paul's School and first day meeting my host family.

St. Paul's school is truly wonderful! I met many teachers today, mostly all from England! I will be with Abbey, a 6th grade teacher. She is full of life and full of energy. She is very passionate just like I am! They are teaching nearly the same curriculum we teach in the states it is amazing to see the similarities. The bulletin boards are much the same as they are in the U.S. My host family is wonderful. They are so kind! Their English is hard to understand but they are trying very hard for me! They enjoy hugging and kissing on the cheek! Very affectionate way of greeting and saying goodbye! Their youngest son is in grade 3. He is very kind and is almost the same height as I am! My host family took pictures today of Aran and I, so I will have to post those at a later date. Today, we rode 10 hours on a plane without any sleep then we went straight to the school where we met our supervisor and teacher. From there, we were at the school the entire day. I became very delirious at the end of the day but my host family insisted I took a nap when I got home, so that was very refreshing. For dinner we had fried chicken filets, salad and chips! It was very good! I was surprised it was so American! I am also ready to try new foods! Well, I will keep you all posted. So far... I love it here! 

3 comments: