Sunday, April 19, 2015

The true story.

All of my friends are so homesick. Literally, crying and physically ill. I think mostly they have culture shock. I don't know what to say to them because truly, I love it here. When I return to the states I vow to take more Spanish courses. I could see myself living in a city like Barcelona one day. I love the culture and the people. I have had an amazing experience. I feel bad for my friends, I just don't know what to say to them. I am having the time of my life and they are not as happy here. My host family is just like I am. They love to travel, they are positive, they enjoy meeting new people outside of their comfort zone. The mother in fact, has traveled to all 7 continents. She's amazing, she is someone I hope to be like one day. Also, I love that they value the same view points about marriage as I do. When I tell them about my friends who are engaged who are 20-26 they are flabbergasted. They don't think it's enough time to explore life alone. I tell them I couldn't agree more. I want to travel on the weekends but part of my heart wants to stay here. I love my family and the relationship we've built in this short week. It's amazing here.

If I could give advice, I would tell the homebodies to stay at home. If traveling isn't for you, don't force yourself. You'll just be unhappy and ready to go home. You'll cry constantly and Skype your family. I haven't Skyped or talked to my family once! It's wonderful, I'm independent and living out my dreams. If you're a free bird like myself who loves an adventure with people you don't know, then traveling abroad is for you! Please don't do it because you think it'll make you look good. Do it because traveling makes you feel alive. Here I am alive. 

1 comment:

  1. Like I have said before I hope you get as many stamps in that passport as you can.i am happy you are happy:)

    ReplyDelete